Harsh Gujaral's Standup Comedy @ Pablo, The Art Cafe Lounge

"It's happening... Wow after a year-long wait Harsh Gujral is coming to Mumbai and that too in Navi Mumbai", these were my thoughts when my sister sent me a post of an event from BookMyShow. 

 

Ever since I started watching stand-up comedies on YouTube, this guy stuck my mind. He was just hilarious in his performance. Although I have seen only 4-5 videos of him, I always wished he publish something new on YouTube. I always use to go to his channel - Harsh Gujral and search for a new video posted, but to my sadness, there weren’t any.

I use to play the same videos again and again and wished I see him present in person, on the stage.

My previous blog was also a preparation to get for the moment when I see his stand-up comedy live.

I was crazy about his comic as well as the mic holding style. It's time now that I will see miniature Harsh Gujaral from my mobile YouTube screen in Real Life. 

I was so happy when he was about to come to Mumbai in March 2020, but the culprit Covid, popped in.

But finally, it was happening and I was about to see him presenting live on the stage. Will experience the raw show, without the mobile screen. It would be an in-person performance.

Harsh Gujaral is about to perform in Navi Mumbai’s Pablo Café.

Pablo, situated on the Thane-Belapur Road is an amazing Lounge, a perfect place to watch spend your leisure time. The vibes are cool and alluring. The place is a perfect museum for art and artist.

Being touched to the highway, we haven't experienced much traffic. The management has taken all the precautions for covid very seriously. The one and only challenge was, there weren't seat allocated, so you better be on time.

But for me, this worked best as well, I got the seat exactly in the front of the stage.

Must mention, that you cannot buy anything once the show begins, so if you are hungry, better reach early. They take their artists' work with extreme importance.


Finally, it was the moment when I saw this guy in black jeans and a white shirt. As soon as he came the crowd started cheering. His mere step on the stage brought glitter to our eyes. He had an amazing presence that enlivens the atmosphere.

He started with his crowd work and his on-the-spot comedy. You can never say that he has prepared a speech to give on the stage. It seemed as if he is creating the comedy out of real-time situations. A real artist, who can paint the picture on the spot.

There were many instances where a person or two were spoiling the mood, but he handled the situation in a subtle manner.

He wasn’t just speaking, he covered the entire stage, he kept moving, enacting and gauging the interest of his audience.

He ensured that the entire lounge is acknowledged, and keep his audience involved, be it the 1st row or last.

He was not only witty and subtle but was very kind and down to earth.

The way he managed his calm throughout the show and made us laugh until our stomachs started aching and the sound of banging the table filled the entire Lounge.


His crazy punch lines which none can forget who have seen his shows are:

"Russian bhi mil jana hai"

"3 beheno k baad mai paida hone ka pressure"

"Beheno ki shadi"

"Weee Weee Weee"


He is just hilarious. The humor he brings in is uproarious. When I came to know he was also an IT guy, and from the same org. 😉 I was astonished to see his happiness even after leaving the company and fulfilling his dreams.

Salute to his parents too🙌


Sharing few pics : 


Pic3
Pic1
Pic2
Pic4
Pic5
Pic5

Comments