That Comedy Club, Bandra

During the lockdown time, I have turned into a real fan of standup comedy.

It was my 1st ever experience watching the standup comedy live in person. It is so amazing to know that how a person can abstract the idea from our day-to-day lives and make that moment so funny and joyful. I doubt if they might ever get angry in their real life.

They are so witty and bring in humor even at the moment which I couldn’t even have imagined as a case study for pushing in comedy.

Watching the comedians is always a good experience, but seeing them performing in front of you live is superb!!! You are always worried that this person can anytime insult you, crack a joke at you.

 


I was so conscious about;

·       How am I sitting - am I giving this person an opportunity to comment on me

·       How will I use my phone – will it give them a chance to insult me for my misbehavior

·       Would I be able to get up in the middle of the show and take an eco break, or I have to control my bladders for 2 hrs.

·       What will I answer if they ask me any question

·       Should I give myself completely in or should I stay alert?

 

But all my thoughts started calming down as and when the host came in, pitched in the performers, and guided us. He told us for the next 2hrs, loosen up, and enjoy.

 

The show lasted for 2hrs and the comedians were excellent. I didn't even felt uncomfortable during crowd work. It was a small space considering the lockdown state all the precautions were taken.  A proper distance was managed between the audience. All had their mask on and before entering the premises were sanitized.

 

The 1st comedian to enter was,

  • Raunak Rajani - With serious and silent crowd work, he warmed up the crowd. He was excellent in his serious silent humorous comments. I was so comfortable in listening and getting entertained. He was so easygoing that sitting on the hot seat was no longer a challenge for me.

Next was,

  • Sonali Thakker - The hot and witty lady, she knows how to get the humor out of everyday life. When she started speaking, I realized how comedy our daily conversations are. (Boys not aware of the fact "weekends pe bhi bath liya jata hai" and girls skin feeling pokey when you start living together due to no waxing was hilarious) Wiki: Part-time stock-broker, a dance enthusiast, and a full-time Gujju who performs comedy on the weekends.

I loved her comedy up late 2019 performance “😉If the person is still staring at me, he is not latching at me, he is falling in love with me”

  • Masoom Rajwani - He is one of the few Sindhi’s who refuses to do a Sindhi Joke. Sweet innocent-looking guy will make you tummy pain from laughing. I haven’t seen his shows on youtube earlier, but once he stepped on the stage, it was hilarious. But by this time, I was not only listening to the jokes but laughing out so loud that the entire room was filled with my laughter. I was able to enjoy the gist and bits of it.


Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4
Thank You ! ! !

Comments